Wednesday, November 6, 2013

just add water

The fountain of youth and overall health is quite simple- drink your water! I know drinking 3 liters of water a day can seem daunting especially for my ladies who love their soda. But I think I found the answer to anyone that says 'water is boring' - get fruity!  Once I tried fruit infused water I never looked back. Inside my fridge you will always see my pitcher of lemon water or other combinations I'm experimenting with. This trick worked for my husband and my mom who were both avid milk drinkers.  If you need more convincing read below..
If you are fighting the 3 liter rule remember drinking water...
  • boosts your immune system
  • flushes out toxins
  • gives you glowing skin
  • reduces the risk of certain cancers
  • relieves fatigue
  • helps digestion 
  • cures the afternoon headaches 
  • stops you from cramping if you work out 
Benefits of Lemon Water
  • balances pH
  • excellent for weight loss 
  • decrease wrinkles and blemishes 
  • cures throat infections 
  • blood purifier 
  • relieves respiratory problems
  • cleans and stimulates the liver and kidneys 
  • contains potassium, magnesium and calcium 
First you need ..
The Fruit Infusion Pitcher

Now the fun part ..
Here are a list of fruit & herb combinations:
  • cucumbers (always makes me feel like I'm in a spa) 
  • citrus mix (lemons, limes & oranges)
  • berry mix (blueberries, raspberries & strawberries)
  • blueberry & mint (2 sprigs)
  • strawberry & basil (3 basil leaves)
  • raspberry & lime
  • strawberry & lemon
  • raspberry & lemon
  • whatever is in your fridge, have fun :)
** Tip- to replace soda, add a little seltzer water for a carbonated treat :)

You can also mix it up and add fruit to your ice! 
It will really make a 'splash' at your next get together with friends and family. 
Drink up!

xo
Megan 


No comments:

Post a Comment